29 April 2009

Sweet Iced Tea

Eileen C.

For cooking club, I made Michelle's recipe that can also be found in the cookbook. It came out amazing, the only thing I think I did slightly wrong was I used Salada Decaffeinated Black Tea- just because that is what I had around- but it is a little bitter, and I think it would have been better to use Lipton. I am so excited I now can make real "sweet tea".

SWEET ICED TEA
2 family-sized tea bags (equivalent to 8 regular sized tea bags)
3/4 to 1 c. sugar
water

Fill 2 qt saucepan three-quarters of the way with water (6 cups water). Boil water. Remove boiling water from stovetop and add two family size tea bags to the pot. Allow to steep approximately 15 minutes. If you desire stronger tea use more tea bags or allow to steep longer. While tea is steeping, in the pitcher you will use to serve the tea, mix together sugar and approximately 4 cups of water. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. It is important to dissolve sugar before adding tea. Once tea has steeped for desired length, remove tea bags and add tea to dissolved sugar mixture. Fill remainder of container (1 gallon or approx 4 L) with cold water and stir. Pour into a glass of ice.

No comments: