16 March 2009

Chicken with Lime Sauce

Melissa G

-4 sm. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
cut into small or bite-sized pieces
-1 T. lime juice
-3/4 c. apple juice
-2 tsp. cornstarch
-1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
-Cooked rice to serve on the side

Thaw chicken and cut into small or bite-sized pieces. I cut up the chicken so that more people could partake of the recipe, but if I were making it at home, I would leave the chicken breasts intact.

Mix together ingredients for sauce and put into crock pot. To make the sauce, combine lime juice, apple juice, cornstarch and bouillon. Add chicken and thoroughly coat with sauce. Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve rice on the side or top with chicken.

This is my version of a recipe I found on www.bhg.com. Here is the link:
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/poultry/lime-sauced-chicken/

No comments: