22 December 2008

Tortilla Roll-Ups

Heather S

Part 2 in the Thanksgiving recipe series.


-2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz/package)
-Approximately 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I usually use a 4-cheese fiesta blend instead of just cheddar)
-1 small jar green chilies
-Approximately 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
-1 package of 10” tortilla’s

Other optional ingredients:

-Salsa (I use about 2-3 tablespoons of Pace Picante-Medium)
-Green olives, chopped, drained (I use about the equivalent of 1 small jar of black olives)
-Black olives, chopped, drained (I use about 1 small jar)
-Chopped jalapeños, drained (I use about 10 slices of jalapeños)
-Jalapeño juice (I use about 2-3 teaspoons)
-Ground cumin (sometimes I sprinkle a little of this in, but not usually)
-Lemon powder (I don't really hardly ever use this ingredient)
-Chili powder (I usually sprinkle just a little in).
-Chopped ham (I rarely use this)
-Chopped dried beef (I rarely use this either)

Note:
If you are not using salsa and/or jalapeño juice, you'll want to use a little more lemon juice so that it will help the mixture have a little liquid to it. I really don't measure any of these ingredients out…I just kinda throw them in and taste it as I go.

I just put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon. I usually use the back side of the spoon to start mixing it...that way I can sorta mash the cheese into the cream cheese.

Then, I just spread it all over a tortilla and roll it up. I refrigerate overnight and then slice the next day. It works best if the tortillas are room temperature when you get ready to spread them mixture on them and roll them up.

No comments: