17 November 2008

Tortilla Soup

Tortilla Soup
Tiffany O'Sheal
1 can fat free refried beans (16 oz)
1 can black beans (15 oz) rinsed and drained
1 can chicken broth (14 oz) (can also use water and bouillon)
1 1/2 c. frozen corn (can use canned)
3/4 c. chunky salsa (can use any spicyness, depending on what you like, I used Medium)
3/4 c. cubed chicken breasts
1/2 c. water
2 c. shredded cheese, divided

Bring beans, broth, corn, salsa, chicken, and water to a boil. Add 1 c. cheese. Cook until melted. Top with cheese, sour cream, and corn tortilla chips. This is something you could easily cook in a crock pot as well!

I was going to bring this soup to Cooking Club...in fact...I was on my way there when a car slammed on brakes in front of me and I had to choose whether to save my soup or save the car...well, I chose the car...sorry! :) So the soup ended up on the floor of my car...so I'll bring it for January!

No comments: