23 October 2008

Frappe

Frappe
Heather S

5 1/2 c. water
1/4 c. INSTANT coffee (usually says instant coffee crystals...I use Folgers)
2/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. whipping cream (don't whip it though)
1 1/2 gallons vanilla ice-cream (I usually estimate this)

-Bring water to a boil.
-Stir in coffee and sugar
-Dissolve thoroughly
-Let cool
-Once mixture is completely cooled, add whipping cream.
-Pour in punch bowl and stir in ice-cream.

Notes:
I use a whisk to stir in the whipping cream and ice-cream. I usually let the ice-cream set out for 30 minutes to an hour before I'm ready to use it (or you can set it in the refrigerator for a few hours). Because most punch bowls won’t hold the entire recipe, you’ll want to split this in half and only work with half of the coffee mixture and half of the ice-cream at a time. When adding the ice-cream, you will have to work it pretty good with a whisk or spoon, because it takes quite a bit of mashing and stirring to get it into a liquid substance! :)

You can freeze the remainder and then thaw it when you're ready to use it at another time. I don't know how long it will keep, I haven't really kept it in the freezer for more than a couple of months, but it was fine then.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is to die for! So delicious!